The Chicago Historical Society underwent another addition, completed in 1988. The 1988 addition, designed by Holabird and Root, in effect wrapped the 1932 and 1972 structures in a brick façade. This project covered the unsightly 1972 structure, linked the two buildings, and kept the 1932 façade intact. The addition provided continuity in the floor plan and added needed space for exhibitions and collection materials
Want a copy of this photo?
> Visit our Rights and Reproductions Department and give them this number: ICHi-65919
Connect with the Museum